The Instructional Coach will work directly with the School Leader to drastically improve teacher effectiveness through high repetition practice of Key Teacher Skills based on the Jounce model of teacher development. The Instructional Coach will spend at least 90% of his or her day increasing instructional effectiveness in the building through teacher coaching, as well as developing his or her own coaching skills through practice with the School Leader. He or she will also help maintain and grow the school-wide culture of deliberate practice. The Instructional Coach will report to the School Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build skill and capacity in teachers across the school
- Work with School Leader to build personal coaching skills
- Monitor and track teacher progress toward measurable goals
- Refine and build the teacher coaching model at MDP
- Model and intentionally build joy, growth mindset, and intellectual curiosity throughout the building
- Model excellent teaching in classrooms daily
- Additional duties as assigned
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Demonstrated significant positive results with students as a classroom instructor
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Belief in and alignment with MDP’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated and documented ability to motivate and inspire others
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have or be working towards teacher certification
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting
- Documented experience using data-driven instruction to achieve significant student gains
To apply, please email resume to Caitlin Teplicky, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary commensurate with experience, along with benefits.