Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of MDP’s curriculum and the success of its students. Teachers will report to the School Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Practice and develop Key Teacher Skills daily
- Bring joy and excitement to the work everyday
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards
- Use assessment data and feedback structures to inform your instructional decisions
- Observe and provide feedback for other teachers
- Uphold MDP’s detailed and consistent behavioral systems
- Communicate with students with optimistic growth mindset language
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Belief in and alignment with MDP’s mission
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid TN State Teacher Certification is preferred, not required
- Must have or be willing to work towards teacher certification
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
To apply, email resume to Caitlin Streit, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary commensurate with experience, along with benefits.